Tamarindus Indica is the plant from which tamarind kernel powder is obtained. Tamarind grows in all seasons. Tamarind seeds are graded on the basis of its quality and properties. The seeds are methodically powdered by means of roasting and decorticating without any reducing the nutritional factors. The kernels of tamarind seeds are sorted out in terms of color to obtain good quality of tamarind kernel powder.
Tamarind pulp is a rich source of ingredient added in Indian cuisines especially curries. The sugar and acid content present in tamarind pulp makes it a suitable ingredient in the preparation of curries, beverages, sauces, etc.
Altrafine supplied tamarind kernel powder and deoiled kernel powder of tamarind.
- It consists of 35% of husk.
- Contains 65% of white kernel.
The white kernel is applied for producing kernel powder which is rich in fiber, protein, oil and carbohydrates.
- It contains Galactoxyloglucan polysaccharide (55-65%).
- 6-10% of lipids.
- 18-20% of proteins.
- Little quantity of fiber and sugar.
- Tamarind kernel powder contains D-mannose and D-galactose.
- It is odorless and creamy in texture.
- White in color.
- Contains 6to 12 % moisture content.
- Contains 0 to 02% crude fiber.
- 10to 20% protein.
- 2800 CPA viscosity in 3% solution.
- Light creamy color.
- pH is 5%.
- It is 6.0 to7.0 % slurry.
- Sieve Value : 100 mesh 100% w/w passing
- Sieve Value : 200 mesh 99% w/w passing
- Sieve Value : 300 mesh 99% w/w passing
- Ash content : 01 to 03 %
- It contains good water absorption capacity.
- Contains broad range of pH and high viscosity.
- It is applied as a thickener and sizing agent in textile industry.
- Used for sizing in dyeing.
- Applied in printing industry.
- Used for jute sizing, cotton wraps, etc.
- Applied in paper.
- It is used as a soil stabilizer.
- Applied in plywood manufacturing.
- Applied in mining, drilling and gas industries.
- Used in tobacco industry and paint manufacturing as well.
The presence of rich protein and carbohydrate makes it applicable in the production of adhesives.
- Applied widely in preparation of ketchups.
- Applied in ice cream preparation.
- Used in the production of pet food, bakery products, sauces, etc.
- It is also applied in instant noodles and meat products.